Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Avatar the Last Airbender - Common Art Project

 





For this first sprint, I started off with doing a ton of research on the different bending styles. I created a google doc that included the elements, the martial art they were based on, and reference videos that can be used for animation. The doc also has some VFX references that our Tech Artist (Jacob) can use in his research.

After pooling together all the animation references, I wrote out the basic story beats for what I wanted to happen. I wanted to be sure that every element was used and highlighted in this animation. From there, I started actually drawing out the storyboards. I worked with Jacob to ensure that all of the VFX ideas I had were in scope for this project. After a couple of reworks, I adjusted the timing and added the music to create the animatic.

For the next sprint, I will be working hard to recreate those key frames from the animatic using the proxy rig.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Avatar - Final Sprint

For the final sprint, I focused on smaller animation fixes and adding secondary animations (finger and facial animation). I had to check bac...