Monday, February 5, 2024

Lighting Workshop #4

Daylight

Even though this is a daylight scene, I still wanted to environment to feel somewhat dark. The colosseum walls are huge and oppressive, blocking a lot of natural light. I wanted all the light pouring in to focus on the main character, who is getting ready for battle. I did still have to light the architecture to keep it from being completely covered by shadow. My reference images for the daylight used a lot of blue and orange, so I created a LUT in photoshop and applied it to my post process volume in order to dull down the bright orange and bring out some bluer tones.

Sunset


 


For this scene, I had to cheat a bit to get the effect of light pouring through the window. An actual sunset would have the sun lower, but because the windows are so high, there was no way to naturally get in directional light, which I really wanted for this outdoor scene. I played around with the temperature to get the warm orange color. I adjusted the temperature on the other lights as well.

Reference (Daylight and Sunset)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Lighting Workshop #4

Daylight Even though this is a daylight scene, I still wanted to environment to feel somewhat dark. The colosseum walls are huge and oppress...