Thursday, November 9, 2023

VR Week 03 - Final Hand Pass


This week, I finalized the hand animations. Fortunately, the animations from last week were pretty clean. I made a couple timing adjustments to vary the fingers. I also adjusted some of the weight painting issues that I was noticing in our mesh. Once the new animations were finalized, they were uploaded to perforce. 

My second focus this week was to do one more special animation. Our team wanted to find a way to do a one-handed animation for putting on the ring. I decided to do a "ring flair" animation. When the player picks up the ring, they can press a button on the controller to put it on. When the button is pressed, the hand will curl into a fist around the ring and put it on in a very stylish one-handed way. This was to streamline the process of getting the ring on and preventing potential bugs from a two-handed animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lighting Workshop #4

Daylight Even though this is a daylight scene, I still wanted to environment to feel somewhat dark. The colosseum walls are huge and oppress...